Thursday, December 08, 2022

Extended Birthday


 My birthday is on the 1st December but I was not done with celebrating it until yesterday.

Firstly, I spent a couple of night’s with Linda’s relatives in Eccleshall in Staffordshire.

They took me out to one of their local pubs which has a great reputation for good food and I was not disappointed.

Their meat is supplied from a master butcher whose premises just happen to be next door.

The beef hamburger did not disappoint, so fresh and flavoursome.








 A bottle of sauvignon Blanc all the way from New Zealand added a nice extra touch to the evening.
























Back to Epsom with Aaron and family and when I arrived the table was all set to celebrate my birthday once again.

The cake and chocolate cupcakes were much talked about by the children and the highlight of the evening for them.






























Moving on from Epsom to Haywards Heath to be with my youngest son, Rick and his wife, Hannah.

Yesterday we went out to celebrate once more.

We went along windy country roads until we came to the estate of Gravetye Manor.

The setting for the Manor is so lovely and peaceful.  Nice and olde worlde with open fires in several of the rooms.

The food was delicious (as was to be expected).

I chose roast acorn with chocolate for dessert.  Not sure what flavour I was expecting from the roast acorn but the dessert was delicious and the happy birthday plaque just happened to be edible chocolate.

We walked around the gardens for a while, then sat by one of the open fires before making our journey home along those lovely windy roads that could only belong to England.


No comments: