Thursday, February 14, 2013

Almost forgotten

Recently I have been writing about my red, white and blue granny squares quilt top.

I was looking through our quilt tops the other day and realised that this granny square quilt top had not been given an update.

September 16, 2012 I wrote about commencing on this project.

I am not sure when I actually finished piecing the top but I know it was before I left to have a holiday break mid November.

I had a bit of trouble completing the quilt because the burgundy fabric I chose for the sashing was becoming increasingly hard to find but fortunately I was able to buy enough to complete.

Still very summery here but I am hoping to have this one quilted with wool batting to keep me warm during the winter months ahead.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

The colors of this quilt are appealing to my eye - calming and attractive.

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful quilt

Life at Still Woods said...

Happy Valentine's Day! What a lovely quilt. Glad you shared the finished project. I am sharing vintage Valentine's Day cards today. There is a telegraph you may like! Stop by for a visit!
Many blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse