Thursday, February 21, 2013

Flower Power

I offered to cut the pieces for a quilt in this pattern but when I looked closer I realised it was using techniques that I had never done before and so before I knew it another quilt had been made.

The pattern is called Fab Five and it is from Abbey Lane Quilts. The sub heading says these quilts are 'fun, fast and flirty' and considering I only started cutting and finding out what it was all about I was surprised to have completed it this afternoon.

Definitely in the quick quilts category even including the four layer flowers where I machine button holed around each layer.

The flowers remind me of the 'flower power' days of the 60's.

The quilt pattern gives five interpretations of the one quilt so you could make many variations if this pattern holds appeal for you.

Linking to:-

Freshly Pieced Work in Progress Wednesday
Jaqs Studio Made By Me

4 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I love your quilt, looks like it would be harder to put together

Nancy said...

The colors you chose are great - light and cheerful.

Your flowers are impressive. I've never done any machine applique.

Studio V said...

Great finish! I wish I could applique well.... Its hard!! :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

such pretty fabrics!