Monday, February 18, 2013

Anyone for tea?

My fabric flower frenzy that I reported on last week has now become a teapot cosy, just finished this morning.

We have been needing a new one for our kitchen for some time and I thought this might be a fun new cover for the teapot.

The colours I chose for this project were more to do with the brownish bench colours than the red teapot.  I like the colours of the cosy but not with the red teapot.

We could buy a new teapot to match the cosy but what about an excuse for another teapot cosy project?

I think I could do better with the placement of the flowers - they would look better, I think, placed closer to the bottom of the cosy.

The other thought is, that if I did red flowers on a black background that could look really good on the teapot, regardless of the kitchen decor.

Linking to

Richard and Tanya Quilts Link a Finish Friday

Back to the drawing board for me.................

8 comments:

Nancy said...

A pretty way to start your day and to enjoy your tea!

Nice job, Peggy

Cherie said...

Peggy, Peggy, STOP berating yourself!!!! You have done a beautiful, superb job, it looks gorgeous.
Those red hat ladies wear red and purple all the time and for me your cosy looks stunning on your red tea pot. No matter what colour it might be the cosy and colour are perfect for a tea pot of any colour :)
Congratulations, give yourself a mighty pat on the back, your handiwork is stunning as always, enough of that negativity :)

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Methinks a new LIMEGREEN tea pot would be nice.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Cherie is right Peggy. It looks great on the red teapot. I think you've done a marvellous job on it. It's beautiful.
Now if I could just get motivated, I could make something similar.LOL

Lorna McMahon said...

Nice job, Peggy! It is sew uplifting to see those flowers on such a winter's day here in Canada...

kathyinozarks said...

Peggy I love your new tea cozy! I never would have thought of that at all-I love it-I need to make me one of those-love those pretty flowers

Stella Nemeth said...

I love that you found something useful to make with the beautiful flowers. You get to enjoy it daily. How neat!