Friday, February 08, 2013

Op shop treasures

Not necessarily everyone's cup of tea but op shop treasures can be nice.

While I was traveling overseas Linda spied some white fabric that had been quilted but not finished.  She cut some of the best out of it and made this square pillow for my bed.

We have a houseful of visitors at the moment and I was running short of clean pillow cases and then I remembered these battenburg lace ones that had been found at an op shop.  They had been washed and ironed but never used by us.

Time to bring them out for a spot of bedroom decoration.

Ernest Bear, from our Mum's collection, is taking care of the clothes peg doll, a souvenir from a visit to the United States.

Op shop treasures can be good and have their uses.  Most welcome at our house.

Linking to:-

Mockingbird Hill Favorite Things Friday 

 Self Sufficient Home Acre

Blackbird Has Spoken Op Shop Finds

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Love the sweet lace. .xoxoMarissa

Cherie said...

Looks gorgeous Peggy ;)

Nancy said...

I love Op Shops or Thrift Shops and visit them often.

Today, I stumbled upon a $1 bag sale and found several items (light sweaters and shells for summer, three skirts, and much more) that I will enjoy. They are being laundered right now. What works for me, I'll keep; what doesn't will be donated back.

Lisa Lynn said...

Such a pretty arrangement! Found you on A Favorite Thing. :) I would love to have you share this tomorrow on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-2.html

Have a wonderful weekend!

Max said...

Those pillows are absolutely beautiful, as is your blog header picture. So great to have you linky up, and have a nose around your blog! Do come back again sometime x